Face Coverings Update | December 2021
Face coverings are now mandatory on public transport and in shops, unless exempt.
From Tuesday 30 November, we require that face coverings should be worn in all communal areas (excluding classrooms) this applies to students, staff, contractors and visitors unless they are exempt or reasonable additional measures have been introduced.
There are a number of other ways parents/carers, students and staff can help to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Please continue to take a lateral flow test twice a week, to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus. The results of the tests should be reported via the following links:
Report results to NHS
Report results to OSC
- Up to one in three people who have Covid-19 can spread the virus without knowing. This is because they have no symptoms, so it is vital that you take a PCR test if you develop coronavirus symptoms.
- Continue with good hygiene; washing your hands often or using hand sanitiser frequently and covering your mouth & nose for coughs and sneezes – “Catch it, Bin it and Kill it”
- Around the College, in classrooms and key communal areas there will be readily available cleaners and hand sanitisers for everyone to use. We continue to provide additional cleaning regimes throughout the college.
- You must not come into College if you have any symptoms or are asymptomatic but test positive with a lateral flow home test kit. Please refer to the NHS website for more information on self-isolation guidance.
The College holds a plentiful supply of Lateral Flow Test Kits for your use. Please remember to continue testing at least twice a week.
Those eligible include:
- Boosters – People aged 40+ and it needs to have been six months since your second dose. Appointments can now be booked five months after having a second dose (with vaccination at six months)
- First doses – Anyone over the age of the 12
- Second doses – Anyone aged 16 or 17 (if first vaccination was at least 8 weeks ago
- Third primary doses – for those who are immunosuppressed
For more details on eligibility, visit the NHS website.
A full list of all places offering the vaccination across the South East, whether that be first or second doses, or the Covid-19 booster, visit the NHS website. To book or manage an appointment click here. People that can’t go online can book by phoning 119.
Pop up clinics for 12-15 vaccinations
Find out more here and book your appointment online.