Key Stage 4 ESOL and Vocational Pathway
This pathway is designed to support entry at Year 11 for ESOL students offering the unique opportunity to complete a programme that focuses on development of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills so that they are prepared for their next step in education, training or employment. This programme is offered in partnership with Croydon Council.
What courses will you study?
Students will undertake a specialist ESOL qualification plus Maths, Entry Level Science, Entry Level History and an Entry Level Certificate in Vocational Studies. Vocational Studies covers a range of practical skills and occupations at an introductory level, supporting students to be focused on the direction of their career.
You will also develop employability skills to equip you for your future career, enabling progression to courses offered within our post 16 curriculum.
Why study at John Ruskin College?
- Students have a designated and bespoke area to work in
- The College provides the opportunity to develop skills in an educational environment that has vocational and technical expertise
- Access to a range of student facilities such as a Gym, Sports Hall, Client Services Centre, Learning Resource Centre and Cafe
- An exciting enrichment programme involving sport, social activities, trips and the opportunity to be a member of the Student Partnership Council
- Excellent support and guidance from our Client Services team
- A progression route to post 16 courses.