Covid-19 Safety Guidance
Date: 07 September 2021
We are delighted to welcome our students back to College.
We continue to follow Covid-19 safety guidance issued by the Government, and thought that it would be useful to bring together details in one place for ease of reference.
- We continue to encourage all staff and students to carry out a Covid-19 Lateral Flow Test twice a week. Tests are free and can be collected from the College.
- Students are required to wear face coverings in all communal areas (unless you are exempt).
- We encourage our students to continue with good hygiene; washing your hands often or using hand sanitiser frequently and covering your mouth & nose for coughs and sneezes – “Catch it, Bin it and Kill it”
- Around the College, in classrooms and in key communal areas there will be readily available cleaners and hand sanitisers for everyone to use. We continue to provide additional cleaning regimes throughout the college.
- Whilst in a classroom or in a workshop we are continuing to keep 2 metre social distancing where possible and opening windows to provide good ventilation.
Self-isolation for close contacts or if you live in the same household
You are not required to self-isolate if you live in the same household as someone with Covid-19 or are a close contact of someone if any of the following apply:
- If you’re fully vaccinated
- If you’re below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- If you’ve taken part or are currently part of an approved Covid-19 vaccine trial
- If you’re not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
NHS Test and Trace will contact you to let you know that you have been identified as a contact and check whether you are required to self-isolate. You will be advised to get a PCR test as soon as possible. If you are symptomatic you should stay at home. Students who do not need to isolate can attend an educational setting as normal.
Self-isolation for those with symptoms or asymptomatic & test positive with a lateral flow test
You must not come into College if you have any symptoms or are asymptomatic but test positive with a lateral flow home test kit. You must inform your tutor or the College of your absence, and take a PCR test within 48 hours of your symptoms starting or you testing positive. You will also need to isolate until you receive the result. If your PCR result is positive, you will need to isolate for 10 full days since the start of your symptoms or the day you tested positive. You can return to College on the 11th day. Please refer to the NHS website for more info on self-isolation guidance.
Thank you for your continued support and welcome back to the College after the summer break.
Head of Facilities
Art & Design students visit Tate Modern
Body & Spa students visit Wimbledon Spa
Art & Design Students visit UCA
Business students turn theory into practice!
OSC Commemorates Armistice Day
Sutton United Partnership with JRC - the season so far
JRC hosts Careers Fair in partnership with Jobcentre Plus
OSC Celebrates Black History Month
JRC hosts Hospitality Recruitment Day in partnership with Off to Work
Hair & Make-up Halloween Edition
Address: John Ruskin College, Selsdon Park Road, South Croydon, CR2 8JJ
Phone: 020 8651 1131 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org