College Weather Update
Date: 18 February 2022
Update: Saturday 19 February 2022
We hope that everyone stayed safe throughout Friday's storm and look forward to welcoming staff and students back into College as usual from Monday 21 February.
Update: Friday 18 February 2022 - COLLEGE CLOSURE
Overnight the MET office has issued a ‘Red’ weather warning for London and the South East from 10:00 – 15:00.
In view of this warning and the continued ‘AMBER’ warning, applicable from 06:00 – 21:00, to ensure the safety of all our stakeholders, the College has taken the decision to close.
All staff will adhere to the College Adverse Weather Policy.
The College switchboard is being monitored for any urgent calls during the College business hours of 08:30 – 16:30.
Update: Thursday 17 February 17:30
Due to the advice received from the MET office regarding the severe weather condition forecast, we will be monitoring the disruption and damage caused, to inform the access to the College sites on 18 February 22.
The College only closes in rare circumstances, please check this page for regular updates should our position change.
The Amber weather warning for London and the South East states the following:
What to expect
- There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur, perhaps affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves are likely and beach material is likely to be thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties, and flooding of some coastal properties seems likely.
- It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees
We are keeping the MET Office advice under review. However, in preparation of Storm Eunice making landfall at circa 5 am tomorrow, please see the following guidance.
Guidance for students
Due to half term, the vast majority of our students are not in College. However, if you are required to be at College on 18 February, please refer to this website page in the morning and contact your tutor to seek further guidance.
Guidance for visitors
Please contact the member of staff you are coming to ascertain the status of the planned visit to College sites.
Guidance for staff
Please refer to the all-staff email sent on 17 February for further guidance. Staff should also inform the Estates Helpdesk if they or their visitors/contractors need to come to either site for any planned works.
The College websites will be updated at 7am
If in extreme circumstances we need to close the College sites, the College Adverse weather policy will apply.
TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) Workshop
College Weather Update
National Apprenticeship Week
Salon Systems come to JRC
Sports Trip to Chelsea Stadium
Returning to College
College closure for festive break
JRC partner with Jobcentre Plus for new Youth Hub
Interview and Employability Skills Workshop
Hair & Media Make-Up Alumni Talk
Address: John Ruskin College, Selsdon Park Road, South Croydon, CR2 8JJ
Phone: 020 8651 1131 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org