- Are you a talented young footballer?
- Do you want to train and play within a professional EFL Football Club?
- Do you want a first-class education which will help you to work in any professional environment?
If the answer is YES, then the John Ruskin College & Sutton United Football Club College Team is for you!
About the John Ruskin College & Sutton United Football Club Partnership
|John Ruskin College has partnered with Sutton United Football Club to bring together the best of education and the footballing world. Students will be studying for a BTEC Sport qualification alongside their full-time football training and matches. This provides students with a clear route to employment, whether in the football world, in the wider leisure industry or beyond.|
Sutton United Football Club College Team Trials
The football trials allow young players (aged 16-18) a unique opportunity to test their skills in front of qualified UEFA-accredited coaches who will ascertain if you will be able to withstand the rigours of our football programme.
Players will be able to experience what it’s like to train, play and study within a safe professional football Club environment and decide if this programme is right for them.
If successful, you will:
- Play in one of the best and most challenging leagues.
- Be part of an innovative training and development programme designed to nurture talented young people whilst being developed to play in the Sutton United first team and beyond.
- Be part of an EFL League 2 Football Club and learn how to be professional football players whilst undertaking an excellent academic programme.
John Ruskin College
We believe in the person and the footballer. Players on the JRC & SUFC College Partnership combine football with a BTEC qualification delivered at John Ruskin College, benefiting from both first-class football training and an excellent educational environment. As this is a Study Programme, students who have not achieved grade 4 or C at GCSE will continue to study for these qualifications. In this way, Sutton United students can progress towards a long-term future in the football and wider sports industries.
How does the process work?
Step 1 - Register
Register for upcoming football trials. Visit our events listings to see when the next football trial will be taking place.
Step 2 - Trials
Show us your footballing skills at the football trials! If you're successful, you'll be selected to continue on and join the JRC & SUFC College Team.
Step 3 - Your College course
You'll be placed on a Sports course at John Ruskin College so you can work towards your sporting goals whilst gaining an education.
Below are the Sports courses on offer at John Ruskin College.
- Sport Level 1 Introductory Diploma (Full Time)
- Sport Level 2 Extended Certificate (Full Time)
- Sport Level 3 Extended Diploma (Full Time)