Orbital South Colleges (OSC) commits to providing consistent excellence in the quality of its advice and guidance to ensure all potential and current students, their parents/guardians, community workers, and employers can access a wide range of current, informative and varied information to support individualised qualification and progression choices.
The College is dedicated to supporting students in making choices suited to their interests and abilities, help them develop the skills they need ahead of leaving College and entering the workplace and maximise their opportunities for future career progression.
The eight Gatsby Benchmarks are the foundation of the Government's careers strategy, a statutory requirement for secondary schools and colleges.
In order to support students, the College has based its Careers Strategy around the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance