Working in partnership with local schools
Our School Liaison team is here to support your school and your students. We provide all the information needed for students and their parents or carers to make informed decisions about progression and the next step in their academic journey following their GCSEs.
Working in partnership with schools and careers advisers, we offer a range of different activities:
- School visits and assemblies - our team are always happy to attend year group or class assemblies to deliver presentations in person or virtually.
- Careers and progression events - we can offer guidance and information about post GCSE progression options including T Levels and Apprenticeships.
- Taster days - an exciting opportunity for year 11 students to enjoy a day at College, immerse themselves in the subject area of their choice and experience what the course has to offer.
- College tours - we are happy to arrange bespoke College tours for small groups to visit during our Open Events.
- Drop-in sessions - we can offer small school group drops-in sessions during break and lunchtimes, giving students the opportunity to speak to us directly. This can include help with the application process.
- HE specific presentations - our team can also provide information and guidance to 6th form students about the range of university level courses available at East Surrey College including Reigate School of Art.
Get in touch
To find out how we can support your school and your students, please contact Savannah Garcia, School Liaison Officer, by email: email@example.com or call: 020 8651 1131 ext. 7177.
School Link Programmes bridge the gap between school and vocational education. The College works closely with your school to provide a range of specific vocational programmes which will help year 10 and 11 students prepare for future education or employment.
About the Programmes
With small class sizes and industry experienced tutors, programmes run for 2 years. Once enrolled on a Programme, students will:
- attend College for a half or full day each week
- learn practical skills as well as classroom based theory work
- gain a recognised qualification to progress onto a further education course, an apprenticeship or move directly into employment
Programmes can be tailored to meet the needs of your students from special schools as well as suiting those from more mainstream settings.
Places on these courses are offered through the school to individuals who are motivated and committed to succeeding on these alternative School Link programmes.
Helping your School meet the Gatsby Benchmarks
The services we provide will help support your school to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks in line with the Government's Careers Strategy for Schools and Colleges.
For more information
To find out more about School Link Programmes, please contact Savannah Garcia, School Liaison Officer, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 8651 1131 ext. 7177.
Full-Time Course Guide
Our Full-Time Course Guide showcases the wide range of exciting and high-quality courses on offer. To receive printed copies please email email@example.com
Explore JRC virtually
Watch videos from our curriculum team to find out more about the subjects and the support available to students. You can also watch our Welcome Talk and Apprenticeship Talk. On top of this, you can explore our campus and facilities with our videos and 360° tours.
Virtual School Presentation
If we are unable to visit your school, we can provide you with a virtual School Liaison presentation. Please contact our School Liaison team for more information.
Catch up on all the latest news, events and student activities.
Student Case Studies
Find out what it’s like to study at the John Ruskin College and what our students get up to in College, about work experience, progression and more!
Our Open Events are the perfect opportunity for your students to visit the College, find out about courses and meet our tutors. We encourage all visitors to pre-register in advance to save time on the day!