It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For a better experience please use a modern browser. We suggest either Chrome or Firefox
Search this website Instagram Staff / Student Zone LinkedIn YouTube
SKILLS BOOTCAMPS

SKILLS BOOTCAMPS

Published: 26 August 2021

We are delighted to be working in partnership with Croydon College who are leading on the delivery of a series of Skills Bootcamps in partnership with John Ruskin College and London South Bank University. The Skills Bootcamps will give eligible individuals the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer or to increase their skills and knowledge within their current employment.

What is a Skills Bootcamp?

Skills Bootcamps have been created by the Government as part of the Lifetime Skills Guarantee.

The courses we offer here at College are flexible courses for adults aged 19 or over to upskill and add further value to their employer, accessing promotion and higher level roles; thereby giving them the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills.

We invite all local employers in industries who are likely to benefit from the Bootcamps to get in touch with our sector specialist who will be able to talk you through the process and explain how this might benefit your business.

How does it work?

At John Ruskin College our specialist Business Development team are on hand to work with key local employers to ensure that you are upskilling in the right area for your business, and that your employees are benefitting from the programme. 

We will also provide support during the assessment and induction cycle, as well as throughout the duration of the scheme and beyond.

As an employer a key element of success is measured by the employee progressing to a promoted position or clear development of their existing role showing their advanced key skills.

Available subject areas 

Skills Bootcamps provide people with the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track their career prospects.  All Skills Bootcamps are developed in partnership with employers, colleges and local authorities, to help people develop the skills that are in demand in their local area. They include a range of Digital, Construction and CAD courses including:

 Croydon College 

 CAD – Engineering DATA
 Course dates: 01 Nov – 3 Dec, 17 Jan – 18 Feb 22

 CAD – Electrical / Engineering diagnostics, welding
 Course dates: 1st Nov – 3 Dec, 17 Jan – 18 Feb, 28 Feb – 1 April, 2 May – 3 June

For more information on either of the above courses, please complete the Expression of Interest Form here

 John Ruskin College

 Retrofit Co-ordination and Risk Management
 Course dates: 4 – 22 Oct, 1 – 26 Nov, 10 Jan – 4 Feb

 Construction Site Supervision
 Course dates: 4 Oct – 10 Dec, 1 Nov – 21 Jan 22, 10 Jan – 25 March

 Construction Management
 Course date: 11 Oct – 17 Dec

For any employer looking to explore their options please contact Terry Downham.  Please mark the subject heading of the email BOOTCAMPS.

 London South Bank University

 Solar Energy Decision Software
 Course date: 24 Jan - 11 Feb 

 Materials and Characterisations
 Course date: 24 Jan - 11 Feb 

For more information on either of the above courses, please email us: croydon@lsbu.ac.uk

What does it cost?

There is no cost to the individual. As an employer, if you refer an existing employee, then you would be co-funding the training with a 30% contribution, with the Government funding the remaining 70%. 

Who is eligible? 

To be eligible, students must be aged 19+ and employed in a relevant job sector.

Address: John Ruskin College, Selsdon Park Road, South Croydon, CR2 8JJ

Phone: 020 8651 1131 / Email: info@johnruskin.ac.uk