Direct entry is closed for 2016-2017
It is the student’s responsibility to adhere to the uniform code at all times. Non-adherence to this code will be noted in the Parent / Student contact log and may lead to sanctions.
- John Ruskin College 14-16 School students should be identifiable by their uniform at all times.
- 14-16 students should have a photographic ID on a red lanyard which must be worn at all times.
- 14-16 students should only wear discreet jewellery to ensure that it does not pose a health & safety risk in any of the activities they may participate in.
- During ‘dress-down’ days sensible clothing is to be observed, and items such as crop-tops and excessively short skirts or shorts are to be avoided.
- Uniform should be visible at all times and not covered by coats / jackets or other items.
- No hats, caps or hoods are to be worn in the College and School grounds at any time.
- In the event of a dispute, it will remain the School’s decision on the appropriateness of clothing.
- Black loose-fitting school trousers (girl’s trousers must be loose at the ankle, i.e. no legging-style trousers)
- Black knee-length school skirt with at least one pleat.
- White shirt (no polo-necks)
- Black V-neck jumper (optional)
- Black blazer
- School patch will be provided by the John Ruskin College 14-16 School and must be sewn onto the left hand breast pocket (£4.00).
- Black school shoes (no trainers)
- Black long shorts or skort
- White polo neck or t-shirt
- Black or white sports socks
- Black or white trainers
- Black tracksuit (optional) winter months only
This uniform has been designed to be bought at any retailer, however a specific John Ruskin College 14-16 School uniform list is held at Hewitts (school uniform providers) in central Croydon.