At John Ruskin College we are committed to your personal development. You will have the opportunity through our enrichment activities to gain skills, pursue new interests, meet other students and have fun.
Once a year we host a ‘Get Rich Fair’ where you can find out more about what is available and how to sign up for the activities. Previous enrichment activities have included the Debate Club, College Choir, Street dancing, acting, talent shows, and arts and crafts. We also offer a wide range of sporting enrichment including basketball, football, cricket, table tennis, badminton, volleyball, rugby and beach rugby. We have an excellent on site gym with staff who will test your fitness levels and design a personal fitness programme for you. There will also be an opportunity to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award programme.
Our Enrichment programme reflects your interests and passions and we actively encourage you to set up your own enrichment activities through clubs and societies. You can also get involved by becoming one of our student representatives or student ambassadors or join in with fundraising events, volunteering or community projects. We also organise trips and visits throughout the year.
Getting involved in our enrichment activities will make your time at the College much more enjoyable, increase your circle of friends and add another interesting dimension to your CV, whether you are applying to university or going into employment.
Student Volunteer Programme
The student volunteer programme is part of our Leadership Academy. There are a number of roles and opportunities for students to become role models and leaders. These include Student Sports Coaches, Student Ambassadors, Student Innovators and Study Buddies.
What our students have said about getting involved with Enrichment
- “These skills have transformed me as an individual and made me more confident in every task that I undertake.”
- “These skills that I have learnt will help me in the future with my future employability opportunities.”
- “I can now take on new roles and feel confident in gaining new skills.”
- “These skills have helped me to coach effectively in my own free time, bringing the best out of myself and those taking part.”
- “It really helped me develop my leadership skills when I was made captain of the girls’ football team, and also gave me a huge confidence boost.”