It is the student’s responsibility to adhere to the uniform code at all times. Non-adherence to this code will be noted in the Parent / Student contact log and may lead to sanctions.
- It is the student’s responsibility to adhere to the uniform code at all times. Non-adherence to this code will be noted and may lead to sanctions.
- John Ruskin College 14-16 school students should be identifiable by their uniform at all times.
- 14-16 students should have a photographic ID card on a red lanyard which must be worn at all times.
- 14-16 students should only wear discreet jewellery to ensure that it does not pose a health & safety risk in any of the activities they participate in.
- During ‘dress down’ days sensible clothing is to be observed, and items such as crop-tops and excessively short skirts are to be avoided.
- Uniforms should be visible at all times and not covered by coats/jackets or other items.
- No hats, caps or hoodies are to be worn in the college and school’s grounds at any time.
- In the event of a dispute, it will remain the school’s decision on the appropriateness of clothing.
- Black loose-fitting school trousers (girl’s trousers must be loose at the ankle, ie no legging-style trousers)
- Black knee length school skirt
- White shirt (no polo necks)
- Black V neck jumper (optional)
- Black shoes or black trainers
- Black long shorts or PE skirt
- White polo neck or t-shirt
- Black or white sports socks
- Black or white trainers
- Black tracksuit (optional winter months only)
NO MOBILE PHONES allowed in the college, they MUST be handed in at reception and picked up at the end of the day.
The College actively discourages students from bringing items of value onto the premises (e.g large sums of money, PSP’s and iPods) Students that bring these into school do so at their own risk.