Direct entry is closed for 2016-2017
John Ruskin College 14-16 Application Process
- Visit the John Ruskin College website
- View the John Ruskin College 14-16 School site to gather further information regarding our programmes, policies, and important dates
- Visit the College on our published Open Days
- Discuss your needs with the teachers and tutors
- Pick up our prospectus and an application form
- Find out important dates
- Complete your application online, or using a paper-based version.
- Return your application to our Admissions team by the end of June (please note late applications will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Complete a Croydon Council ‘in-year’ secondary schools application form via their website.
Attend an interview with our staff to discuss the following:
- Details of curriculum and support
- Our policies and codes of conduct
- Your reasons for wanting a place here
- Your school history so far
Confirmation of offer
- A letter confirming your place will be sent to parents / carers within the published timescales.
- If an offer is made to you before the end of the academic year, you will be invited to attend a Taster Day in July to give you a flavour of your new school.
- Students begin their new placement at the College in September
- The College reserves the right to not accept applications where the curriculum will not benefit the child’s educational development or specified career choices, or the child does not meet the published admissions criteria
- All applicants have the right to appeal the decision of the College using the published appeal process which can be found on the John Ruskin College website (details to follow).