John Ruskin College


Facebook Twitter Print Email


As an International student, depending on your country of origin, you may need a visa stamped in your passport before you travel to the UK.

For details on how to apply for a UK visa, please check direct with UK Visas and Immigration website.

You will also need a visa if:

  • You are a stateless person; or
  • You hold non-national documents.

As a visa national, you won’t be able to switch from visitor to student status once you’re in the UK, so make sure you apply for the right visa in the first place. All International students are subject to immigration control and it is, therefore, mandatory for you to attend a workshop on immigration which will be included in your programme.  For further information on immigration control, please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website.

Once in the UK, if you change your address or any contact details, it is important that the College is advised immediately in order to comply with immigration regulations in relation to monitoring your movements. Please ensure you contact the International Department to update your current address and telephone number every six months during your studies at John Ruskin College.

Some nationals are required to register with the UK police within a designated time, shortly after arriving in the UK. Please check with any restriction imposed on your visa upon arrival in the UK and contact Admissions Department to arrange registration.

You will also be required to attend above 90% of your classes to comply with your visa status. Should you miss more than five classes we need to report your absence as a part of our UKBA license monitoring and reporting duties.

Matrix AC LSIS Leaders in Diversity Ofsted Outstanding Investors In People - Gold Investors In People - Gold 2015 Croydon Business Excellence Awards EU

As part of its funding agreement with the Skills Funding Agency, John Ruskin College vocational courses are part or fully funded by the European Social Fund.