If you are an Employer who would like to work with us to deliver your Levy training, please contact us on 020 8651 1131 or email JRCApprenticeship@johnruskin.ac.uk
Information concerning the Apprenticeship Levy is also detailed on this website.
We can support your business with recruitment, interviewing and selection of apprentices, induction, organising funding, paperwork and administration. This is a complementary service.
There are many benefits to employing an apprentice
- Free on-line recruitment to a wider audience
- Add to your skilled and qualified staff
- Introduce new skills and cross train existing staff
- Keep your business up to date with the latest industry standards
- Become more competitive by addressing skills gaps
- Increase the productivity of your workplace
- Build on the reputation of your business
- Motivate and retain staff
- Succession plan by transferring knowledge
- Respond to a new generation of customers
- Develop your new apprentice your way, without pre-learned habits
Your existing staff can benefit too
Through upskilling, and Apprenticeships which are for all age groups, and are available for new staff as well as existing employees. Offering training and development opportunities to existing staff can significantly boost morale and make them feel more valued. There are three levels of Apprenticeship to reflect the needs of today’s business.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship at Level 2 – equivalent to 5 GCSE’s at A-C/ 9-4
- Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3 – equivalent to 2 A levels
- Higher Apprenticeship at Level 4 – equivalent to a Foundation Degree
How an Apprenticeship works?
Apprentices generally do most of their learning on the job but 20% off the job training is also required. They will work for you a minimum of 30 hours a week with some day release at College. The new apprentice is your employee and therefore comes under your HR policies and procedures. The apprenticeship is made up of skills, knowledge and behaviours for the role as well as Functional skills English and Maths and in some cases ICT. You choose the pathway that suits your business needs, with support from the College.
For more information:
Telephone: 0208 651 1131