What Our Apprenticeships Students Say
- L2 Beauty Therapy
- L3 Beauty Therapy
- L2 Business / Legal Administration
- L3 Business / Legal Administration
- L4 Business and Professional Administration
- L2 Customer Care
- L3 Customer Care
- L2 Hairdressing
- L3 Hairdressing
- L2 Health and Social Care
- L3 Health and Social Care
- L2 IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional
- L3 IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional
- L4 IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional
- L3 Management
- L4 Leadership and Management
- L2 Pharmacy Services
- L3 Pharmacy Services
- L2 Team Leading
John Ruskin College has an established Apprenticeship provision offering Apprenticeships at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher Level and is now one of the largest Apprenticeship providers in Croydon.
WHY BECOME AN APPRENTICE?
An Apprenticeship can offer you the opportunity to get into work, earn a wage and learn your skills on the job. John Ruskin College can help you find the right Apprenticeship and Employer that suits you. If you already have an Employer, we can work with your Employer to help you become an Apprentice. The following are some of the benefits of becoming an Apprentice:
- Earn a wage
- Gain a qualification
- Receive quality and current training standards
- Gain a skill and knowledge in your work’s industry
- Meet new people and develop new opportunities
- Start on a career path
- Progress to the next level in your chosen career
As an Apprentice you will normally work full-time with a local employer, learning about the job and earning a wage, which will be a minimum of £3.70 an hour.
Most Employers pay more and the average wage is between £150.00 to £180.00 per week. On some programmes you will attend College for one day a week over one to three years depending on the vocational area that you want to work.
There are three main levels of Apprenticeship and these are:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
working towards a suite of qualifications at Level 2 and provides the foundation skills that you require to become a professional within your chosen area of work.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
This involves working towards a suite of qualifications at Level 3 and normally involves taking on a supervisory role within the workplace.
- Higher Apprenticeships
They offer a new work-based route into professions which have traditionally been the preserve of graduates.
Apprenticeships are made up of a number of components:
- Competency qualification – NVQ or Diploma
- Technical Certificate – Theory or underpinning knowledge element
- English and Maths Functional skills or GCSE
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PL&TS)
- IT Functional Skills – only certain pathways
- For new standards – an End Point Assessment of commercial competence
Apprenticeships on Offer
Key to Levels:
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
|Level 2 Beauty Therapy|
|Level 3 Beauty Therapy|
|Business / Legal Administration|
|Level 2 Business / Legal Administration|
|Level 3 Business / Legal Administration|
|Level 4 Business and Professional Administration|
|Level 2 Customer Care|
|Level 3 Customer Care|
|Level 2 Hairdressing|
|Level 3 Hairdressing|
|Health & Social Care|
|Level 2 Health & Social Care|
|Level 3 Health & Social Care|
|IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional|
|Level 2 IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional|
|Level 3 IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional|
|Level 4 IT, Software, Web, Telecom Professional|
|Level 3 Management|
|Level 4 Leadership and Management|
|Level 2 Pharmacy Services|
|Level 3 Pharmacy Services|
|Level 2 Team Leading|
Please see entry requirements for each level of study.
THE NEXT STEP?
If you are interested in doing an Apprenticeship then the next step is to complete the application form.
We are constantly developing and expanding our Apprenticeship schemes, so get in contact if you work in an area that’s not included in the list of courses. You never know, we might already be planning to add it to our provision.
For more information telephone 020 8651 1131 ext 127/623 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org